View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 01:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile peripheral neuropathy ?gluten

hi everyone,
new to the forum, is very informative thank you.

I have had burning toes/feet/fingers for 18 months, reducing sensation a few yrs - light touch, temp, ?proprioception. Mild PN dx with NCS feb this year much to neuro surprise ?must be large size as NCS +ve hands and feet. All blood tests normal for cause.

my normal dr is integrative med - she found low co q10, vit d, magnesium, low iron. b12 apparently normal. I have convinced her to give me methyl b12 tabs (with folate, b6) with all others supps - coq10, fish oil, magn, b12, probiotics. have noticed some improvements with b12 - can sleep with feet under sheets now, fingers seem more temp sensitive. Also had iron infusion so energy levels much better.

she also tested me for coeliacs - I am hla dq2 positive but tested negative to blood tests and gastroscopy. did go gluten and dairy free for 3/12 - but when tests came back neg restarted gluten. dairy definitely a no no for me, also fructose.

I am frustrated re ongoing symptoms, also hip/ knee pain, aches. my dr wants me to go gluten free again - my question is

if I go GF Again should I get blood tests done again while still on gluten? the last were in 2010.
if it were a gluten neuropathy how would I know?
how long should u try GF ? weeks/ months/ years?
are there any others with gluten neuropathy?
do you get increased burning after ingesting gluten? straight away

many thanks for any insights that might help. tambo
the b 12 definitely helps ( now taken on empty stomach thank you)
tambo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote