View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quoting Carey: What do you think about gene transfers and trophic factors?
I think gene therapy and trophic factors are two of the most promising treatments to come along in a long, long time. The delivery method of both, however, is the question - which way is best? And both could be in one trial design (i.e., the genetic alteration could initiate production of the growth factors).

Another question that I would like answered is why can we not have ptotocol allowing faster approval for new treatments already approved and USED successfully in other countries (e.g. Europe) ? Take the Neupro patch - last word I had was Swarz-HCB* was throwing the towel in for FDA approval. While the patch was used here before being pulled), a lot of PWP had a successful experience. And another therapy is duodopa - that's the treatment similar to an insulin pump. It has been used successfully in Europe for years, but still not approved here.

Why not allow people with advanced PD symptoms and major quality of life issues sign to waive legal rights and use proven therapies at patients' own risk??

*http://www.ucb.presscentre.com/News/...gotine-f8.aspx

(sorry if this has already been asked). I cannot sit at the computer for very long periods due to pain)
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bandido1 (10-28-2011), Conductor71 (10-23-2011)