Old 10-23-2011, 07:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambo View Post
hi, thank you for your reply. just the info I needed. i have also found the following article from hadjivvasilou in 2010 re gluten sensitivity from gut to brain. all the testing terminology a bit confusing for me at times, but will print and take to dr and get the blood tests again before dropping gluten. when my tests came back negative previously I was quiet happy to reintroduce gluten into diet - prob not ready to accept that I am better without it. would rather 'know' for sure that I am doing the right thing - so my family don't think I am making it up. PN is hard for other people to understand as it is. not to mention diet - my parents still don't understand fructose malabsorption well ( me and my 8yo dau and 6 yo son all have it). will bite the bullet and try gluten free again - just have to get my head around it and try for a good year. thanks again. tambo.
I have the fructose thing too. I did gluten free for 3 yrs, and it didn't work for me. I found the fructose thing after that. I think gluten free is easier than avoiding fructose. But that is just my opinion. I can have a small bit of fructose if it is hidden in some food. But stand alone consumption of fruit, apples/pears, or candy or fruit juices, will set me off quickly. Some salad dressings are high in sugar I've discovered. I use one now that is pretty low and it seems okay so far.

If you feel you can do dairy, I'd suggest Kefir to you. It seems to have really helped my GI issues of gas/bloating etc very well.
I use the unflavored plain one. Lifeway Kefir is gluten free and 99% lactose free. I have about 4 ounces daily now. It is very high in probiotic support.... 12 cultures with generous numbers.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote