View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain worse at " that time of the month"?

I believe this has been asked before, but since I am currently in a lot of pain, curled up with a blanket and about to take a Percoset, I thought I would see if any other women experience this.
I have small and large fiber PN, probable CMT type 2. I have a fair amount of daily pain, worse at night, steps feel like Mount Everest. I take 1800 mg gabapentin, and a low dose of oxycodone if I have a lot to do, a long car ride (which is very painful as I am 6'2" and my legs are really long) or serious breakthrough pain. The muscle fasciculations are becoming more constant, and I have Valium for those, but it doesn't help much so I don't usually take it.
When I have my period and for a day or two before the pain in my legs goes through the roof. Like I have tears in my eyes. It is definitely nerve pain, but it goes from the hips down, and my legs feel like they weigh a ton.
I have had this problem for as long as I can remember, but as the PN pain has worsened so has this connection. I can barely function for several days each month.
Does anyone else experience this and does it possibly improve after menopause? I am 49, so would like to have something to look forward to.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote