View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
Hi, Dr. Smith:

Quote: "You have a right to copies of any/all your medical records, which you can then review, and send a letter citing any errors, and requesting correction. This will, at least, have your concerns/objections/explanations on record." Does this apply to doctors' handwritten notes? Several times, when I asked to consult my medical records or to get a copy of them, they removed the doctors' handwritten notes. Is this legal, to the best of your knowledge?

Thanks for your information.
I don't know the answer to that. It could even be location-specific. Question for a medical malpractice atty.? I've seen message board sites similar to NT that are more law-centric (that's not a real word - having vocabulary access issues today) and some where you can ask a lawyer a general question (like some where you can ask a doctor a general question).

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote