View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Shari,

I am Medicare part B and that pays for 80% of my infusions and I'm sure Medicare was paying 80% of your infusion cost while the other 20% was being picked up by your husbands private insurance. My 20% was being covered while I had private insuance. I was carried under my private insuance for 2 years after I lost my job.

I then had to purchase a supplement policie just like pingpongman explained.
My AARP supplement policie cost $159 a month and thats going up a little on January 1srt. A cost that is much much less than the 20% you or I would have to pay without the supplement.

There are supplements out there that are less expensive and i will be looking into some of then of them before the end of the year.

I also had to purchase a presciption plan. Medicare part D. The premium is only $39 a month but the co-pays are going up like crazy next year. I am looking into other plans for presciptions and comparing yearly cost based on the presciptions I am taking now.

As much as it hurts you will probably need both B and D supplements but you may be able to take a little bit of the pain out of it if you start right now by comparing plans and deciding on the ones that will cost you the least YEARLY out of pocket expense.

Tony
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote