View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura418 View Post
Dr. Donohue at MGH Boston has been great thus far. He met with me for an hour and a half for my consultation, and he has been very responsive over the phone as well. Dr. Donohue is a cardiothoracic surgeon but has told me that he does not want to do surgery before ruling out all other options. As a single 24 yo working to pay back extreme college loans, I appreciate that he does not want to do surgery yet, if at all.

Catherine Wee, an OT at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, was also fabulous. I saw her for several appts, but my condition continued to worsen. She is down to earth and compassionate. When I had been referred to other doctors around the Boston area, she called me after a couple months just to check in - I really like her, but I'm just not in a place where PT is helpful.
Hi LadyLaura,
I am a patient of Dr. Donohue as well - he was the one who finally did the right imaging and confirmed I have compression in my thoracic outlet. He recommended a scalene Botox injection for me but we're still working on getting insurance to approve. I too have been really impressed with Dr. Donohue's approach - he seems genuinely interested in helping deal with this condition and was really thorough in our consultation. Best of luck to you!
nicinboston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Iris (02-02-2013)