View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I subscribe to a web site called "Visible Body". On the site subscribers can view the whole human body in 3-D. It can be rotated to any angle, zoom in or out. Body parts can be made visible or invisible. I used it to turn off everything but the bones and nerves in the arm and shoulder. The nerve from C-6 goes right to the four finger and thumb. It feels as if my problem is only on that nerve. Also that nerve is very sensitive. Several times recently I have caused my arm to go numb by laying or leaning back in a chair, putting pressure on the nerve under my shoulder blade.

burning skin -------------------- Yes, at first my whole thumb and four finger felt as if they had been scalded, that has improved, now only when I wear wrist support that binds them. They always seem warm to the touch. At first my four arm and upper arm burned, that is much better. It seemed to improve from the top down.

skin color changes --------------- I don't think so.
swelling --------------- I don't think so.

extreme sensitivity to touch or breezes --------------- very much so, maybe not a breeze, but any place along the nerve that I referenced above.

As far as the meds, I have been on 15mg per day, that two pills, for more than two years for back problems. Since this happened I am taking 3 pills per day. I think they help. Sometimes, not often I take a 7.5mg Hydrocodone and I feel pain relief in about 30 minutes. As far as I can tell the LYRICA and Cymbalta, I see no difference. I think they were prescribed for "maybe these will help".
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote