View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Getting Closer to SSDI

I know I have posted about this before, but after 2 years, I think I am within a gnat's eyelash of getting my SSDI.... I have jumped (actually limped) through the SS hoops and have one last one to go through. Wednesday I have my physical and it's the only day this year that I WISH it would RAIN!! It rained on the day of my psych review, which was a blessing in disguise because I felt like total crap and looked the part. I could barely walk and since it had rained for 10 days straight, you can just imagine how my mindset was. My friend Mary, who has been on SSI for 20 years said to me "you know they can tell when you fake it"...really?...really? Who in their right mind would try to fake such a horrible disorder that sucks the life right outta ya? Then she said "you know they can tell when you fake physical problems?"....really? Can someone fake shiny, sweaty, hairy, purple, blotchy, bloated, swollen skin along with a birth injury called Cerebral Palsy? I am so very sick of the words "fake, faker and faked" that I could just go totally nuts!!! I just had to vent because I think my friend is jealous because she only got SSI and didn't work enough years to get SSDI for which I DO qualify for because I worked for 25 years....I don't know what else to say except thanks for letting me vent and please pray that this is it...I don't know how much more I can take....
cindi1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote