Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
How do I find a neurologists that is knowledgeable about RSD? Are they listed that way?

I did not use ice lasgt night and my arm feels no worse so I will leave the ice alone till I learn more.

I really thank all of you for the help.
I have a suggestion based on your drug list.

Omepraxole 20 MG - 1 per day ( anti-acid)

Drugs that lower acid in the stomach when taken over a long period of time, (months) will block your body's ability to absorb B12 from food. They also block, magnesium, calcium, zinc, folate, and iron absorption.

All people in the US are now recommended 50 yrs and older to take B12 supplements separately from food and other vitamins.
This is because the older we get the less we make acid anyway.

I would get tested for B12 level, and it should be over 400 (US units). The lab ranges in US are still reported using the old scale, where 200 is considered "normal". In the 200's you can have significant nerve damage. The new scale starts at 400. When your B12 falls, nerve functions become impaired, and if not fixed, and raised, properly, you can suffer permanent impairement. This is a simple blood test.
While you are there get a Vit D too.

Here is my B12 thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html
There are medical links with diagrams in it...one is to American Association of Family Physicians.

Regarding the Visible Body... that is a great site, but it some of our members may not be be able to afford its monthly charge.

This link offers a similar 3D body view.... for free.
http://www.healthline.com/human-body...ous-system#6/5

It is not quite so stunning, but maybe useful still for some here.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-25-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: fixing spelling
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (10-24-2011)