Thread: Need your input
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
She has a phone therapist (at least this is what she said a long time ago).She also said "my therapist told me I don't have to go to AA"

I don't believe this for one minute.

Oh well, just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks Mrs. D

Melody
Hi Melody..Sounds like your friend is not ready to stop drinking yet..You are absolutely right in not believeing her..Phone therapy is, for lack of a better anology, is bull****

You can talk to her untill you're blue in the face, but untill she has had enough, she will not stop drinking if she is a real alcoholic

Alcoholics have a high tolerance for pain, and the irony is that, alcoholics drink to run away from the emotional pain, and the alcohol makes, and causes the pain to get much worse

There was a guy I knew who was an alcoholic, that couldnt stay sober..One night he crashed his car into a building, and split his head wide open..They did not expect him to live, but he did..He ended up with a scar that went from the top of his head, down to his chin..Now one would think that this experience would be enough for anyone to stop drinking, and never look back..He sobered up for a few months, then and he drank again!!..That is how insane addiction is..He got sober again, and after a few years of sobriety he and his wife got divorced..He moved to Florida, and he drank himself to death out there

One has to want to get sober, and be willing to go through any lengths, to stay sober

I wish your friend will one day awaken, and see her alcoholism for what it is, and be able to stop drinking

AA has the best success rate for helping each other maintain sobriety