View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
Well saw the OS today and he says it looks really good, but he has to scoop out the inflammation in the socket. It has been too long. So it is scheduled for Wednesday at 9:45 am. He says he will not know how deep he needs to go until he opens the gum but he does not think it is going to be too deep. He says the OAF is closing cause the socket is closing. He said it should be about 10 minutes but it all depends on again how deep he needs to go. I am scared but it will be done and I will deal with it. I have turned into anger now and I don't want to be this way. I am angry at this whole practice for not picking this up and telling me earlier to see an OS when the hole was open and I expressed my concerns. I did not know about this stuff and they should have not dismissed me. This could cost me up to 750.00 and insurance does not cover it.
This is what happened.
Had tooth extracted went back later that day cuz it would not stop bleeding and he packed it
Went back the next day cause air was going up the socket and into my sinus
at that time I expressed this to the dentist and he dismissed me. I asked him for an antibiotic, I did not want any infections and he gave me augmentin 250 4x a day. He did not even know what to give me.
Went back the following day with the same concern and saw someone else and he did a nose blow test and said there was nothing there.
Went back the following Monday and saw another dentist and he said I had a dry socket and that if I had a sinus perf I would feel no pain
Then was regularly seeing the owner of the practice for a few weeks and expressed my concern and he did numerous tests and I told him on one I felt bubbles and he said he saw nothing.
I did not know until I went to the OS that there was a way to attack it through decongestants and antibiotics.
Finally after many many weeks he wanted me to see his OS and I went out on my own and used the one I used in the past. His OS was not able to see me for 3 weeks and it wasnt until i called and begged that they put me in, they squeezed me in at 815 two Saturday's later (that is the only day he is there) but i might have to wait a while. So then i went to see my guy and a confirmed OAF took place. At that time he did the decongestant and antibiotics and gave it time but time has run out and it needs to be cleaned.
I am so angry that they should have been able to tell me go see an OS even if we don't see it they are better equipped to handle this.
And then they fire the dentist? He was only there for 2 weeks when he extracted my tooth.
Do i have a right to be angry?
Thanks
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nicole,

Just to help clarify... root canaled teeth are brewing infections right from the onset. Sometimes obvious symptoms are not noticed until a few months or even years following the procedure. So keeping that information in mind, it should be easier to understand how messed up that area of the mouth (and beyond) can become by the time that infected tooth is removed. Unfortunately, most dentists never offer that information to their patients prior to performing the root canal.......perhaps they should!!

How are you feeling lately??

Bryanna
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote