View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank you SD38 for your feedback. My husband had actually suggested the same online chat idea. I'm sorry to hear you have post surgery anxiety and have to have the other side done as well. I am afraid I may be a candidate for the other side also someday, as my TOS symptoms are actually worse on that side. (however, no venous occlusion over there yet) Can you tell me, was it very bad recovering from surgery? Is this what is caused the anxiety you have?
I will concentrate on my posture and relaxation more. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD38 View Post
Hi,
I don't want to advise but here is my experience.
I underwent a first rib excision op (2 months ago) due to arterial/venous compressions. The procedure was performed to relieve the pressure on my artery even though I did NOT suffer clot damage and had NO extra rib.
Believe me I know that you can have compressions without having an extra rib. When I raise my arms up (unoperated side) hand turns white and I totally lose my pulse while the operated side now has a strong blood flow and a nice pink colour to the hand.
I have post surgery anxiety due to the fact that I'm due a 2nd identical op on the other side to free up a venous occlusion.
I'm obviously tender after it and have some neuro issues plus the scarring is horrid BUT no occlusion. That in its self for me brings some kind of peace of mind. The fear of an aneurysm prompted me to go ahead with the surgery.
If you are unsure because you have never met the recommended surgeon than maybe you could arrange an online chat (skype) with him to discuss the procedure?
Best wishes with whatever you decide. In the meantime concentrate on your posture and relaxation techniques to help you through it.
SD38

SD38
Mcmanisport is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote