View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic2 View Post
I get really worried about going to a psychiatrist specially telling my family that I want to see one. Looks like everyone might think I m week or tell me that I dont need to. I will see how things go this week as i m planing to go home and if I am still having this much anxiety then I know I have to. The other thing is that I can get hold of serequel/klonopin on my own also which makes me want to self medicate, but i know that I have to re visit a professional in order to have my life a bit in working order. I have been thinking that my paranoia might be stemming out of a couple of things that i went through a long time ago and then almost 6-7 years ago. i think i really get afraid of the stigma of what some people might label me as. I guess something to talk to with my therapist.
People mean well,but they can't diagnos this condition. Family,and friends need to except you how you are. When it's like this,it's not weekness,it's a serious condition,or many conditions combined. It's like finding your way out of a maze.

I would recommend for you to go to a councillor. You mentioned Faith in your first post. Hold on to it. I have.

I take seroquel,Luvox,and Xanax. I have tryed to live without medications,and have had mixed reactions. When it came to the point where I had anxiety pain in my chest,my councillor put me back on medication.

I also have a social phobia,and I sit in the back row of the crowd. It's a tormenting condition to have.

I use to think that I was the only one in the world like this.

Because of the old stigma that this was a shameful thing,I didn't talk about it. Some people may be able to snap out of it. I couldn't.

My condition was much worse then a surface condition. It became very complex,and I became very troubled,and lost my vision of my future.
Brokenfriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueCarGal (10-25-2011), ginnie (10-25-2011), Mari (10-25-2011), mymorgy (10-25-2011), skeptic2 (10-25-2011), waves (10-25-2011)