View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm certainly no expert - far from it. In fact I am relatively new to TOS - like you, I am in my early 30's and facing the real possibility of having to reduce my work to nearly nothing. I had a flourishing business and have had to slowly diminish my workload as symptoms worsen.

I have seen nearly 20 different doctors and am no better off than I was - in fact my symptoms are slowly worsening. I fear being disabled and losing everything I have worked so hard for. Sadly, there is no "cure" and it seems like to some degree... Surgery or not... A full recovery is not feasible. I am/was self employed so I won't even get disability or workers comp. So I'm pretty much screwed. My only hope is trying to minimize pain enough to be able to work, which affords me small amounts of money to pay for pain relief.

It's a tough situation, honestly. I think my TOS was brought on my years of posture issues at a computer desk. I have been doing everything to try and improve it. Some days are better, some days I am so down and out I wish I'd die in my sleep.

I fear one day being in the place of having to decide if surgery is for me. I wish there was a better prognosis for it, but I can't see any reason to gamble yet for myself- unless the vascular symptoms emerge. I guess one has to weigh potential life threatening issues versus a lifetime of pain. I suppose if you're already in pain... Why not?

But to have increased pain? Tough sell. To go through a horribly painful surgery to wind up worse off seems cruel at best. I am bilateral as well so I'd really be pushing my luck.

If I were you I'd look up Dr. Sanders in Denver. Seems like people say he's the best. I realize it's a long flight but... ?
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote