View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic2 View Post
You are so riight.. i never knew this or maybe I was very naive .. but around my first waking up episodes (bipolar).. things took a U Turn, I never knew people could say and act in such demeaning ways or just try to make a fool out of you for their pleasure or gain. I know I am now oversensitive also , but my thoughts that I am in some kind of therapy started back then because I knew there were some people trying to help me recover but then i started noticing that there were a lot of people making fun of me, and I couldnt believe that so many people could be so insensitive without a reason.. so I obviously started thinking I was in therapy. maybe a good excuse I thought for not getting angry. The comments happen still now and thats why I have such a lot of anxiety , but I know that its life now.
It seems that people attack what they don't understand. If they don't understand it at first,they may keep their peace,but they may attack later. They don't seem to care that the remarks are damaging to us. With to many bad remarks,it can borderline great torment,causing anger,and pain.

I've been called super sensitive by a family member. In the way that it was expressed,was non therapeutic.

I've also been called naive,but I learn quickley now. If the source of that remark comes from a person who lies alot, and they are saying we are naive,they are adding a double wammie. That adds more embarrassment,shame,and humiliation. That in turn causes low self esteem. That causes a fealing of loss of personal value. Brokenfriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-25-2011), BlueMajo (10-25-2011), mymorgy (10-25-2011), skeptic2 (10-25-2011), waves (10-25-2011)