View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi guys, first post. I think I've found what I've been looking for in this forum.

I'm working on a theory that meditation can be instrumental in recovery and/or adaptation to a frontal TBI as I've suffered. In the East it is anecdotal legend that long-term meditation can produce actual physiogical changes in and around the area of the brain that western medicine calls the pineal gland (apparently this has been supported by brain autopsies of people with a life history of spiritual training of some kind). The pineal gland, thought to be the physical center of clairvoyance, is located in the center of the brain, and thus more cushioned from frontal trauma.

I believe that my own spiritual practices over the years (meditation, martial arts, prayer) contributed to strengthening of my own psychic center (pineal gland), and this has at least partially offset the raging emotions and primitive drives of my limbic system, unfortunately most of which is also near the more protected center of the brain.

At any rate, I have had doozies of anger sessions, but haven't killed anyone yet (come close!). Anyone else have thoughts along these lines?

Kenjhee
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-06-2012)