Thread: Lyrica, again
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica, again

After being on Lyrica for several months now, low dose I think...50 mgs am, 100 mg pm and still having back pain, at the docs insistance I went to 100 mgs twice a day. The only other meds I take are synthoid and atenolol.

Now, this dosage did not go well the first time around, why it was supposed to work now, beats me. Last time I was so somulent, I wet the bed and my dose was decreased. But I don't have a medical degree...I took it as prescribed......I slept for 48 hours. I mean, my family could hardly wake me to take sips of fluid.

Then came the screaming meamies and lots of very dark thoughts, angry outbrusts. My urine took on a strange chemical odor.My doc was not impressed but I told her this was unacceptable. So I am tapering off again, and after going back to the 50 am 100 pm dose, I have what feel like pain and fire in my entire body. My skin hurts, I am sweating, cold, restless, I can't touch my arms and legs, I am crying and irritable. This was the taper the doc had me on before.

I know this med works wonders for some. Does the sister drug neurontin cause similar, or is it better tolerated?
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote