View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Greenfrog,

It's good to hear your symptoms are improving. Alot of the complaints you have are the same as mine. I am on Elavil. The doctor started me at 25 mg for a week and then doubled the dose after a week.

When I first started them I was exhausted. I slept for two weeks. I would wake up in the morning and have my coffee, eat breakfast and then it was lights out until dinner. 16 hours of sleep a day for two weeks did help me tremediously.

It cut down the migrane headache so it was bearable and I noticed the migrane which took up every minute of my day would give me "breaks". This allowed me to have some time to try and enjoy some part of my day pain free.

The longer I take it the more I'm improving. I still suffer the migranes and awful whooshing sounds. I still get tired but have problems sleeping and now anxiety and depression. It hurts to think too much. My balance issues have improved alot. Only when I'm exhausted I have trouble.

I had my Nueropsycholgical evaluation yesterday.... (Stressful...lol) and although the report wasn't written up she gave me an overall impression of what she thought.

She said I was a very bright person who has a head injury. She thinks my memory/cognitive deficits are exhaberated by the physical symptoms I am having. She feels my anxiety and depression from having to deal with the symptoms are not helping.

I was started on Lorazepam yesterday. I told them no when they first offered. I didn't want to be over medicated and from experience anxiety medications can be hard to come off from. I did my research and thought long and hard about that.

My quality of life right now is severly effected by my physical symptoms so I want to try the medication to see if it helps. If it doesn't I'll stop but I have to try.

She also wanted me to get therapy. I had done so in the past and had good and bad experiences. She told me it's to teach me coping mechanisms to deal with my injury. This sounded like a good idea for me. Again if I dont like it I can stop.

I cant tell you if you should start a medication but I can give you my experience. I'm only three months into this. Yesterday the Psychologist told me it takes a year to eighteen months to heal. Not what I wanted to hear. I was very angry last night. I was exhausted and my husband and son knew it was not a night to mess with me.

My poor husband started my laundry for me and when I got home I had two loads to hang. I was not in the mood and I only wanted to rest. I pulled a little temper tantrum...(so not like me lol) My poor kitchen cabinets...slam slam) tee hee...

I vented and then I rested. I know we have good days and bad days... and I have to remind myself..... it could always be worse.

Hope you all have a great day...
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote