View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptic2 View Post
Mari, how do i know which one is best for me? because when i saw my last psyciatrist, i took whatever she advised me as my diagnosis because i thought she knows what's wrong with me and i did not question her diagnosis also.
Hi,
Don't get yourself distracted by the diagnosis. As long as you have a good psychiatrist who is treating the symptoms, you can start to feel better. Find a psychiatrist who is accessible -- someone who will get an appointment for you whenever you need it, someone you can call on the phone between visits. In the beginning of treatment, it is good to see the psychiatrist often -- maybe once a month or every six weeks.
How did you feel on the meds when you were on them?

We don't know which ones are best until we try them. This is based on trial and error.

You already know you don't like the amount of Seroquel you were on. How much were you taking? Did you let the psychiatrist know that they were not working? Sometimes we need a dose adjustment. Taking more or less can work.

When you see the next psychiatrist, tell him or her that you were on Seroquel and Klonopin and had to stop taking it because of

We help in our own medical care by giving the psychiatrist feed back. Let the pdoc know yours symptoms and side effects.

I kept a mood chart of symptoms, side effects, dose, sleep, . . . . so that I could bring it to the pdoc and tdoc. Doing the mood chart helped me comunicate with them and helped me look at my own history.

Google "mood chart."

Here is an electronic mood tracker:
https://www.moodtracker.com/

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-25-2011), BlueCarGal (10-25-2011), BlueMajo (10-25-2011), Brokenfriend (10-25-2011), mymorgy (10-25-2011), skeptic2 (10-25-2011)