View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi

I also use these patches (50mcg) every 72 hrs.
I'm not sure why you have to see the actual Dr every month, but all I do know is that, yes, it's a hassle every month to get the prescription because first I have to call the pharmacy to request my monthly refill, then I wait for the Dr office to call to say the script is ready, then I have to go to the DR office and pick up the written script and then take it to the pharmacy to fill.

As I'm sure you are aware, this is a very strong narcotic and with the DEA crackdowns, alot of Drs are running scared it seems. They have to keep a very close watch over this med.

I go to see my Dr once every 3 months for follow-up visits. I'm not sure why you have to see yours every month, especially since you've been using these patches almost 10 yrs. Each clinic is different I suppose.
It probably wouldn't hurt to just ask Dr why he needs to see you so often, but I'd venture to say it has something to do with this schedule med, it has to be personally delivered with a hardcopy prescription (no faxes or phone calls), and maybe because you are on such a high dose.
RSD is the pits and my heart goes out to you.

I hope your insurance doesn't continue making this so difficult for you.

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote