View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

My inclination is to stay off the meds if I can help it - this is also my doctor's recommendation, although he says that sometimes meds will be appropriate, especially if depression becomes a significant issue.

I actually feel basically depression- and anxiety-free about 85-90% of the time. Every so often (when my symptoms flare up) I wonder whether meds might help with the recovery process, maybe just giving an overall boost to my brain (and possibly stimulating some neurogenesis and/or other positive effects), but for the most part I seem to be OK without them.

Mark: I agree that "being still" can be very helpful. It's amazing how much stress (sometime induced or "facilitated" by my own thoughts) can make my experience of PCS worse, while conversely, being relatively stress-free can make it much more manageable. I've always been very bright and analytical, which can be a strength in some contexts, but a liability in others (I think these qualities can be both helpful and an impediment in PCS recovery).
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote