View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
That is great that your sugars are doing well.

So are mine, and I am not taking any Glumetza (metformin) at all!

I have lost some weight, but I don't think enough for that much of a result.

I don't go much below 100 but that is okay with me! I get symptoms of low blood sugar below 100... sweating, shakey, and moody.

I'll be going to the doctor soon... for A1C test, and check up.
Well, good for you. I'm always trying to get my blood sugar as close to the 100 mark as I can. Some days I get there, some days I don't but lately, I get there more and more so I keep on trying.

Yesterday saw the opthamologist. Years ago I had tiny pinprick hemmorages and I thought I was swatting flies. Never knew it was the tiny bleeds. They resolved. So I had been having great check ups. Last year he told me "you have diabetes for 24 years?, you have the eyes of a person who was just diagnosed with diabetes, not bad at all.

Yesterday when I saw the scans of my eyes, I saw two or three little tiny dots, and I asked "what are these?" and the guy said: 'Oh, that's diabetes but you are not bad at all" and the doctor said the same thing. He said "for 64 years old and a person with diabetes for 24 years you are terrific". I asked him "what about the little dots?" and he explained and he said 'don't worry, keep eating and doing what you are doing". He also said (and he told me this YEARS ago, that I have a very slow growing cataract. I have no vision problems. Actually I have 20/20 vision which I NEVER had growing up. I always wore glasses to see the movies or to see distances. Haven't worn glasses for about 10 years now and I have no idea why. I just need magnifers to see the amount on the insulin bottle. When I used the pen, I didn't need to wear those glasses. But for every day regular stuff I haven't worn glasses in 10 years.

So I shall continue to eat my carrots. and eat my sprouts. Oh, I did ask the doctor "Is there any supplement that I should be taking (in addition to my diet) to help the blood vessels in my eyes" and he shrugged and said 'no, not really". I mentioned lutein and he said "Nah, just keep eating what you are eating"

Mrs. D. I if you know of any supplement that might reverse the little bleeds in the blood vessels in my eyes (I don't have any symptoms), I'd like to hear about it. Doctors don't believe in supplements, this I know.

But we know better.

thanks, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote