View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

These stories are depressing. I don't know how either of you have gone through such a horrible surgery only to wind up worse and still manage to go on.

I admire you for not wanting to end it all. Perhaps I am not as strong as you are but I think if I got to the point where I was bedridden and had no quality of life that I would contemplate very seriously ending my own life. It is horrible to even think along those lines - a few years ago I thought people in chronic pain mostly were self limiting. Now I see the err of my judgement. :-(

I feel like TOS is going to kill me- whether it be slowly or quickly. It is hard waiting for my quality of life to diminish slowly, day by day... And have no control. I stretch and do exercises daily. I have seen nearly 30 doctors and tried almost everything. My pain is only about a 3 - 4 but it has gone from a 1 to a 2 to a 3... It's clearly getting worse despite my efforts which is deflating and saddening.

I can't get disability and there is no one to sue for workers comp. So I'm totally screwed if I cannot work.

I feel angry and bitter and find myself resenting people with poor posture. I think why me and not them? My posture isn't even that bad. And people who seemingly are horribly worse posture wise are symptom free.

I miss my life and have a hard time accepting this is my future. Hard to watch my family slowly distance themselves from me because they sense me being less of myself. I am a newlywed and my wife doesn't deserve to lose her husband or a partner who contributes. Sucks.

Sorry to sound so down but this just feels hopeless. Wish I could read of someone who had a more favorable outcome.

I wish there was -SOME- kind of recovery story. Something. But I can't seem to find anything even remotely close to a success story.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote