View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can T. Cysts Come From Falling?

Hello Everyone,
I'm new here, and it seems that if anyone has a question about tarlov cysts, this is the place to go! I'm just wondering if T. Cysts can come about from a previous spinal injury. In Jan. 2010, I slipped on black ice and landed mostly on my right buttock, but did have some tailbone pain. I've have been on workers comp since then, and have ongoing sciatic-like pain in my left buttock, and the docs are not sure what exactly is wrong; only one doctor has mentioned piriformis syndrome. Anyhow, I woke up 2 mornings ago with pain on the left side of my sacrum. It has become worse, and I am now having trouble walking, bending over, and twisting. More specifically, the pain is located on the left side of the sacrum, right at the tip of the 'wing' of the triangular shaped part (I've looked at diagrams, but can't remember the exact medical terms). There is also swelling, and it is visibly noticeable. It's very sore, tender to touch, and one specific part radiates sharp lateral pain if I touch it directly. It feels like there is a pebble in there! This all came out of nowhere, and I have not recently had a fall, or other injury. I just woke up and there it was.
I want to add that I do have an appointment tomorrow with my regular doc who sees me for my ongoing sciatic problem. I understand that I may have something completely different from T. cysts, but it's just strange that I cannot find much of anything else to match my symptoms. So, my questions: Is it even remotely possible that this could be a T cyst? Could it be related to my injury before of falling on the ice? I'm hoping there is someone at the forum here who has a T cyst related to an impact injury, and has knowledge about this. I thought I did read something about T cysts possibly coming from falls, but I fell almost 2 years ago–it seems unlikely to be related. But the body is mysterious...
Thank you kindly in advance to all who respond; I appreciate the help.
O.M
oscarmild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote