View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi1965 View Post
@Jennifer..I have been out of work since Oct 2008 because they couldn't figure out what was going on and I was basically bed bound and had NO meds what so ever....I think that you have to be out of work for at least a year to get SSDI. I appreciate your input.. what island of Hawaii do you live?

@Jimking, don't worry, I def won't be dressed up or wear make-up...much to my husband's dismay I haven't shaved my legs for almost a week to show how black and coarse the hair on my left leg. My toes and to nails speak for themselves AND my face is so broken out from the stress of this appt, I look like a 46 year old teenager. I am staying up all night which isn't unusual. All of this is not faking...it's just showing everything about my RSD without trying to explain why I don't look sick when I wear make-up or nail polish to cover up my ugly toe nails. He'll definitely be able to notice my deformed big toe. As for clothing, I think I am going to have to wear PJ bottoms and a sweat shirt. Just thinking about all of this is making me systematic. I went to my 10 year old's running competion Monday and had to use my cane because I was so unsure about the bleacher's in the stadium and I overheard a former co-worker say to another co-worker "oh look, she breaks out that cane whenever she knows she being watched! Being watched by whom?!! The RSD police? I didn't say anything because I didn't want to embarrass my kid.... If I could do it I would be such an advocate for RSD/CRPS...one good thing about the comment is that it's been on my mind and if I think about it enough tomorrow the Internist giving me the physical may get a great RSD appearance!

@Jimbo...I know exactly what you mean about people like that. There are so many people in our community just like that. I am quite sure my parents could have gotten SSI for me as a child because of my cerebral palsy, but I am sure they would have thought it was welfare. BTW, my mother is going with me tomorrow to give them some input on how my CP has affected me over the years.
Take Heart Cindi,

It won't be long and you will be doing the SSDI happy dance.

About the cane. Just be happy that you could go the the event. Please don't become upset by folks who attack you-it is not good for your CRPS.

When someone attacks you or comes after you in anger just remember that kind of behavior says more about them and their issuers than about you!

Take care and better days are ahead for you!!!!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote