View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 01:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default butting in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciaj View Post
I had another visit today with the MDS doc. He told me to decrease my dosage back to .5 mg twice a day because the .75 mg was causing problems. I had adjusted to the .5 for nausea. Besides nausea, breathing difficulties with the .75mg. I was so sick today. Didn't think I'd make it sitting in the doc's office. He put me on a new med to help with the muscles-benztropine .5mg. So I'll be taking two meds now. But my Lyme test came back BORDERLINE. So now have to see an infectious disease doc. The MDS still doesn't think Lyme is the answer so he wants me to keep taking the meds. So the adventure continues.
I have to butt in here because I have a good friend who has been dx'd with Lyme and I swear her symptoms are so like my spouse's PD...incredible fatigue (wants to sleep all day, or at least recline), pain (a LOT), BRAIN FOG (this was what really alerted me to the similarity), balance issues, dizziness, etc. What she doesn't seem to experience are tremors, but other than that....very hard to distinguish. I was actually thinking we might want to get tested for Lyme and still may.

I'm sure you know that there are different tests for Lyme and some are better than others. Also that the longer you have Lyme before it gets treated, apparently the harder it is to treat. I would be very, very careful about taking PD meds (or any non-Lyme med) if there was even the remotest possiblity that I had Lyme. I can't believe how casually these drugs get scripted sometimes, particularly in the face of test results that indicate another condition may be at play.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (10-26-2011)