View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
Interesting you had yours confirmed via NCV. I have had two tests which showed as "normal" - how long have you had symptoms. How long before they showed up on the NCV? Did you previously show as normal on older tests?

I can relate 100% to the pain you describe. Forearms cramping. Burning sensation. It sucks. I have heard Lyrica doesn't touch the pain, I wonder if Cymbalta will.

Question - are the twitches and fasciculations signs of atrophy or muscle wasting? I have those too. Thumb twitches especially. I still have the same strength however, near as I can tell.

Do you still work MarcS?

Sorry to sound like such a downer here. I'm just under an amazing amount of pressure. I am a newlywed, have a mortgage, a job -- my wife depends on me to provide income and help around the house. I just can't resign myself to this. Perhaps it's just denial.
I've had light symptoms for about 2 years, then this last year symptoms increased, why i dont know but for 2 years my condition was treated as CTS or RTS.

A few months prior to the positive NCV, a negative NCV came back - i think the neurologist's experience and expertise reallly plays a role when it comes to EMG's and NCV's. I was told that he was one of the bests in the country - if that is true or not, i don't know, but he used to train students in the use of the NCV software and more.

The guy who made the positive NCV was much more thorough, placing the electrodes on my neck, armpit and collarbone area, he used special rulers to measure the length of the nerve and after the whole deal was over, he said he needed some time to do some number crunching.

Yea, the burning really sucks - i hope the Cymbalta will take the edge off. Regarding the fasciculations, you should check out the video i made of my hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T47I...EB1B03CB6D5FAD

As far as i know, fasciculations are usually a sign of nerve irritation, whether they then lead to atrophy i dont know. I also have normal or close to, strentgh in my hands. Next month i have an app. with a neurologist who hopefully is able to answer some questions.

I still work, work at a kindergarden 22 hours a week. Glad to still have a job, however it is quite draining to be in constant pain.

Even though i don't have a mortgage or anything (im only 21) i can still relate to your thoughts, it is important to keep your hopes up. I once saw a study on kids with cancer - the chance that they beat the sickness was much higher when they had regular visits by a hospital clown. I guess you psyche plays a big role in your physical healing.

I've chosen to upload my NCV here, some of it is in danish, however i will try to translate.

@JoMar --> The tests show that there's no impingement in my hands or elbows. Tinell's test was also negative and has always been.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

My NCV:
http://imageshack.us/g/259/dsc3512g.jpg/
tossucks (10-26-2011)