View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamisue View Post
Cody-You aren't alone in that you haven't heard from friends/family. It still hurts (a lot) but I have tried to stop and remember that 1. Just because I'm stuck at home doesn't mean anyone else is. 2. Just because I'm not working doesn't mean that everyone else isn't working. 3. Everybody still has families, school, events, etc that they have to attend. 4. This was the biggie...Because I didn't have bandages (for long), a cast, a wheelchair or walker, people don't realize that there is anything wrong. You can't see that my neurons and brain cells are wondering around like zombies. If you don't know me you don't realize that I don't sound like this all the time. I'm usually very quick witted, I can pronounce the words I use, I'm not tired at 3:00 in the afternoon.

I think that people just don't understand because they can't see what hurts. Maybe that is a little oversimplified, but it made me feel a little better...but I still have hurt feelings.
Very true. The last part is the biggest thing for me. People "see" that I'm ok on the outside but inside I'm a mess. I know that I shouldn't have any ill will towards anybody b/c of this. It's just one of those things that are in the back of my head along with other horrible thoughts.
CodyM91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamisue (10-26-2011)