View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
I've had light symptoms for about 2 years, then this last year symptoms increased, why i dont know but for 2 years my condition was treated as CTS or RTS.

A few months prior to the positive NCV, a negative NCV came back - i think the neurologist's experience and expertise reallly plays a role when it comes to EMG's and NCV's. I was told that he was one of the bests in the country - if that is true or not, i don't know, but he used to train students in the use of the NCV software and more.

The guy who made the positive NCV was much more thorough, placing the electrodes on my neck, armpit and collarbone area, he used special rulers to measure the length of the nerve and after the whole deal was over, he said he needed some time to do some number crunching.

Yea, the burning really sucks - i hope the Cymbalta will take the edge off. Regarding the fasciculations, you should check out the video i made of my hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T47I...EB1B03CB6D5FAD

As far as i know, fasciculations are usually a sign of nerve irritation, whether they then lead to atrophy i dont know. I also have normal or close to, strentgh in my hands. Next month i have an app. with a neurologist who hopefully is able to answer some questions.

I still work, work at a kindergarden 22 hours a week. Glad to still have a job, however it is quite draining to be in constant pain.

Even though i don't have a mortgage or anything (im only 21) i can still relate to your thoughts, it is important to keep your hopes up. I once saw a study on kids with cancer - the chance that they beat the sickness was much higher when they had regular visits by a hospital clown. I guess you psyche plays a big role in your physical healing.

I've chosen to upload my NCV here, some of it is in danish, however i will try to translate.

@JoMar --> The tests show that there's no impingement in my hands or elbows. Tinell's test was also negative and has always been.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

My NCV:
http://imageshack.us/g/259/dsc3512g.jpg/
Hi MarcS,
I think you're right about psyche playing a BIG role. Seeing children in need and the courage that they show really does make you step back and assess your own outlook on things.
When you are low you focus more on the pain and that in turn seems to intensify it!
I'm trying sooooooo hard to break this vicious cycle. I've been hit really hard by anxiety/depression and I now know that its now or never!!!!!!!
I had my 1st visit with a therapist today to undertake CBT. I'm forcing myself to try new things. I'm also going to attempt Tai Chi and join social groups. OK I know its not like the rush of being at the gym ( which I miss desperately ) but thats about my limit at the moment and the quicker I get my head used to the fact than the quicker I can accept this life of limitations. I am sad that I can't do all that I used to but I'm here, I have a beautiful family who support me..... I owe it to them to at least try my best.
Yes its difficult to smile when you are hurting so surround yourself with joyous things...... It's all so easy to withdraw yourself from life and focus on the negatives. I do it myself ( too much )!!!!!
You have to teach yourself to live again.... but this time more gently! I want to make the most of my life, however different it may now be.
Best wishes to you all
SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote