View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

Some things that might trigger MP if you have not had surgery, or bone marrow tests, or an injury are:

Tight clothing... Jeans in particular can pinch the nerve as it exits the abdomen, in the upper thigh. Very tight belts, along the waist, constrict the nerve as it leaves the spinal cord. For males, sitting on a wallet in the back pocket. Or even one leg longer than the other has been implicated.

I got my MP from a C-section. Some people get it from abdominal surgeries.

Some people get MP when they are diabetic or have nutritional problems that result in low B12 , so the nerve cannot repair itself.

After I got control of my MP (which I had for years) with Lidoderm patches, I can still twinge it with heat, from a steam room, hot tub or heating pad. I and also twinge it from overextending my leg. But today...it is a distant memory compared to the 1000 bee sting jabs I used to get often!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote