View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
Well put SD38. How is your healing coming. When (hopefully never, but) will you know the resulting scar tissue damage on your nerves on the operated side? How long does it take for the complications to come, if at all? I assume being in the UK, your surgery was "free" ? Is your therapy as well? I guess there's good and bad with the NHS.
Hi 343v343,
damn I've just spent about 15 minutes typing a nice long post to you and for some reason it wouldn't submit....ahhhhhhhh

I'll make this brief. In short.....well if thats possible for me.
The healing, its still healing!
I sense that scar tissue damage is potentially very easy to get after this sort of TOS surgery. I definitely know when to take things slow. The risk is high and I think it wouldn't take long before complications occur through over exertion. If you dont rest sufficiently than evidence is immediate, basically signals are there if I do too much too quick and your body definitely tells you what you can and can't do.....and what you can't do is rush. I still get numb hands occassionally at night and ache with little exertion. I've also gained a new symptom post op, Pulsatile tinnitus- from which I've received no help for regardless of my mentioning it. So come Friday I'm back to my Gps to ask for yet more help, and to experience their ' I'm bored with you now look'. Yes UK NHS is free ( thats about it ), its pretty much CUT AND RUN. After care is non existant and its up to you to get therapy ( again free but basic). Nothing is offered after an op and PT or advice is literally given in 1 minute while you are still drugged up in the hospital... its a joke. My experience was an eye opener. You are very much on your own..... the attitude is like, well we've done our bit - move on.
No compassion.
Is it different in the states? Because its done through insurance and stuff is it more personal with follow ups that actually assess and monitor your post op outcome?
Anyway, KEEP STRONG and best wishes
SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote