View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Long term effects of PCS and disability

I need opinions because my lack of doctor support. Before my last concussion I was in college, working full time, and on the waiting list for a degree program to become an Occupational therapy assistant. I had finished all of my basic classes during the 2 year wait list period so I just have the main OTA classes left. I was supposed to start the program this fall but I deferred it a year due to the PCS. I spoke to the neuropsychologist and he said that based on my results he had major doubts that I would be able to learn and retain the information.

Now I have until early next month to commit for the program starting next year. I am currently in the application process for SSDI. And I know that as of right now I would not be able to do or handle school. This decision is really hard because I will not be allowed to defer again. So I feel like I am choosing to be disabled or choosing to go to school and have a career. One of my biggest problems in memory. I am 15 months almost 16 months post injury. What are the chances for memory improvement now and has anyone experienced any major improvement when over a year post injury.
Kelley84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote