View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The statistics say the longer symptoms persist, the greater the likelihood they will be permanent. There is not an adequate methodical following of persistent PCS. Most patients fade away in frustration. The NFL has the best research and even that is very poor.

Some point to the idea that much of the improvement in the second year is not due to spontaneous recovery but rather a result of the subject learning coping mechanisms and work-arounds to make up for lost abilities.

Keep in mind that the brain takes 20 or more years to mature in its functions. Even if there was a magic neurogenesis pill, the brain would still need to relearn things that took 20 years to learn the first time. Some areas of the brain only develop in their specific function during specific times during the human growth/aging cycle.

It appears to are looking for the probability of getting better physiologically, hoping to make some educated decisions. When I was going through college, I ended up deciding things from a pragmatic point of view, basically, one day or year at a time.

I wish I had better information for you.

Did the NP tell you what the results were that led him to his prognosis? There are many ways to skin a cat. Developing the work-around skills needed for your limitations can restore you to a greater level of functioning that many believe possible. I function far better than my NP Assessment says I should.

Feel free to PM or email me if there are NP Assessment results you want to discuss in private. I've had 3 NPA's and have research the meaning of most of the tests so I could better understand what my brain is and isn't doing correctly. The academic explanation does not always correlate to the experience of the subject.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote