View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Been there too

Hi Kelley84,

My TBI happened in August of 2009 and I was set to resume classes in September. That went on hold until the Spring term of 2010. I thought I could handle it after taking the first term off.

In the spring I paid my tutition (over $3000 out my own pocket) and started classes again. I struggled for eight weeks to keep up with the work, but it became impossible.

What came easy before, kept me stressed and frustrated. I would study for hours and I just couldn't retain the info.

I felt as if I had just thrown three grand away into the wind and felt like a total failure. In hindsight, I put too much pressure and expectations on myself too soon.

I wasn't ready and I'm still not. My neuros have also told me that it's likely that I will always have problems retaining any "stress" related info. They've signed off on permanent disability.

Just my opinion from my experience, take the maximum amount of time you can for recovery before returning to school...If your still having major issues after that, you may have to re-evaluate your goals...I know it sucks but wasting so much time and money only to end up back where you started is just so dis-heartening.

I wish you well.
Jinxicat9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SmilinEyesMs305 (10-27-2011)