View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Amitriptyline

Podcast,

I've been taking Amitriptyline for two months now. They started me on 25 mg and increased it to 50 mg after a week.

I noticed improvement a little each day. It's sedating so the first two to three weeks all I did was sleep. That was ok though...I needed it.

The Post Concussion Headache used to be with me 24/7. I found about a week after the headache wouldn't be there first thing in the morning. At the point where I was at I needed any break I could get.

I'm now at the two month mark on the medication. My sleep issues are back. My headaches aren't 24/7. I deal with them everyday. Some aren't so bad and are caused by over sensory issues. If I think to much my head lets me know. driving at night the headlights coming at me makes shooting pains cut through the back of my eyes.

Aaaah and good ole migranes that rear there ugly head just because....and it leaves me incapable of anything.

I also read drinking while on this medication can cause cardiac irregularities and it also increasesthe effects on both the alchohol and the amiriptyline.

I also know drinking while dealing with PCS isn't a good idea either.....your brain is injured and it needs all the best you can provide it so you get better.

I hope I've helped. I hope you feel better soon....
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote