View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD38 View Post
Wow, that's brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!
What stuns me is that initially these people SUPPOSEDLY choose this profession to help others and to try and serve those in need. What has happened to society where they have got to the stage where its just about the job/money and that's it.
Come on medical staff..... COMPASSION!!!!!!!!
Eh, I'm not really looking for compassion from medical staff. They see sick people all day, all week and all year, so it's only natural that after awhile they become habituated to it.

What I want, and we have a right to demand, is effectiveness. How did the ER of a top ranked hospital discharge me with "undiagnosed chest pains"? It's not like TOS is new. It's been around for decades and I'm not the first person to show up in the ER with it.

In software engineering we typically stay on a problem until it's fixed. And we use problem solving techniques like "process of elimination" and "try a different test". Some doctors do as well, but not enough of them.

I also don't see any advances regarding TOS. What was the solution 20 years ago? Removing the first rib and scalenes, and hoping that (a) it works and (b) there are no complications? What's the solution today? Same thing, right? Where's the progress?
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote