View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That doesn't sound right because I thought things used to immobilize the limb were BAD for RSD. I used to wear a flexible fabric one if I knew I would be in situations where I would be walking a lot or in situations where I could easily turn my ankle or anything (like walking on uneven ground). I would also put it on very loosely if I was wearing a Lidoderm patch on the ankle with no sock to keep the patch from falling off (haven't done this since I got the TENS unit though because it is much better than the Lidoderm patch on my ankle when mobile). But that statement sounds like it is from someone not familiar with the condition. If you immobilize the limb excessively you aggravate the condition. So aside from the pain not allowing you to wear one, it shouldn't be recommended anyway. It often is in the beginning when they don't know it's RSD and think it's a sprain or something...but once RSD is diagnosed it shouldn't be.

Of course everyone is different...but I don't see how that could be used to determine if it is a "mild" case or not.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-04-2011)