View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Default Please help! I am at my rope's end with my thyroiditis!

Hi, everybody:

Yesterday, October 26, 2011, I went to my primary care physician to talk about my thyroiditis symptoms. Since October 10, 2011, this doctor started prescribing Synthroid (levothyroxine) for me, at the dosage of 25 mcg (ONE "miserable"tablet daily), but I sincerely feel this dosage is way, way, way not strong enough for me.

When I asked him for an increase in dosage, I had the feeling what I said went in one of his ears and out the other. Does he even believe me when I tell him my symptoms of fatigue, malaise, headache, etc... are sooo, sooo strong, sooo, sooo unbearable and sooo, sooo bad I just cannot stand them anymore. My patience has reached its limits.

What am I to do? Order Synthroid online? If this is the only solution I have left, I will not hesitate to do it. I want everybody (including the moderators) to know I am NOT encouraging others to do the same thing. I do know there are risks when ordering medications online, but I also know there are risks for me to continue living with these unbearable thyroiditis symptoms. You, American citizens living in the USA, are sooo lucky to be able to get Synthroid when you need it and at the dosage you need. After all, Synthroid is not a controlled substance.

I do not know if you read the message I posted in this Auto Immune Diseases section of NT, titled, I think, "Nightmare at the endocrinologist's". If you have read this message, you should understand I cannot go see an endocrinologist anymore. If I went to see another one, he would look at the records from the first one I consulted and ask him why I quit seeing him. I am sure the former endocrinologist will tell him my thyroid is FINE, which is NOT the case. Then I can kiss good-bye to any help from the new endocrinologist. The following link is the one to click on to find the story of my nightmare at the endocrinologist's.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread159141.html

Doctors rely too much on blood test results and not enough on what the patients tell them about their symptoms. If you click on the following link (I hope it works), you will be able to see an interesting article (three pages).

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/wom...e-always-tired

This is the conclusion of one article (three pages) I saw on Yahoo today. I strongly support this conclusion, as a patient who has to stand this disease every single day.

What should I do? I am at my rope's end. Pleaaase help! Please! Thanks.

Last edited by kittycapucine1974; 10-27-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add info.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote