View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Was it a work comp doctor? I was so annoyed when I read the report from one I saw. It was shady enough that this guy I had never met before was walking around the waiting room while I was waiting for the appointment. Then he almost ran into me and my mom in the hallway on the way to the room (I was in a transport chair...thought he was sort of weird and creeped me out a little). Then he ended up being the doctor and while I thought it was weird I assumed it was a coincidence. Whatever, the visit seemed like it went fine. He told me there was something seriously wrong with me and that I probably should be in the hospital.

But then I get the report and there's nothing in there about any of that, but everything that he did observe like me trying to get off the exam table and needing help, me trying to walk and falling, was all stated in a way that made it sound like he thought I was faking and every symptom I said I had he would say, "She CLAIMS" whatever it was. Annoying...but since he really couldn't say that anything I said was wrong or that he observed me doing things I said I couldn't he had to resort to using loaded language to make it sound a certain way. But THEN...I read that he watched me go out to the car and that because my mom was standing behind the wheelchair that he could not observe me getting in the car to see how I got in, but that he could say I was not lifted into the car by my mother. What the heck is THAT? My method of getting into the car out of the chair at that time was falling out of the chair into the car and pulling myself into position...but he makes it sound like I COULD have done something that I said I couldn't like stand or walk...but he didn't SEE me do anything that I said couldn't (because I didn't because I couldn't). Slimy, sneaky, no good...well...you get the idea.

So if this guy was paid by work comp then I guess it makes sense that he would impy something like that because he actually has no evidence to support his statement that the case is mild so he makes something up. I bet if you WERE wearing a brace he would have said the opposite, saying that because you could stand the touch of a brace then you were exaggerating how sensitive to the touch you were and therefore have a "mild" case. You can't win with people like that.

Leg presses were part of my physical therapy exercises and because I did them as part of physical therapy they said I was exaggerating how much pain I was in when having to push carts of merchandise at work. Whatever...these people just suck and there is nothing we can do about it except fight their nonsense with real evidence and actual facts (and this doesn't always mean you will win in court just because you are right).

Anyway...sorry for my venting on the subject. Stuff like this always gets me riled up because it is frustrating and I hate it when stuff like this happens to good people who are suffering. I know it's not all work comp doctors...but my experience with them has been mixed and just a couple of bad ones are enough to show you that they are out there and hurting people.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote