View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kelley,

Congrats on the SSDI. It took me three tries to get approved. That was three years almost to the day.

Do you have any specifics about your memory. It would be listed usually as WMS or Wechsler Memory Scale, Percent level of visual and auditory short and immediate memory? I'm at 5% to 12% in memory.

I have lots of memory tricks.

How did you do on WAIS-II ( Intelligence) if that test was done?
WAIS-II Processing speed?

Did you do the MMPI-II tests? If so, what scales were elevated?

If the NP did not give you your scores, you should get a copy of them. It is your right. I had to fight to get them.

Understanding the scores can help you understand what your capabilities are and what things you need to work on at a slower pace.

Drats, I just brain farted and hit <control> something and deleted 10 to 15 lines of typing.

Here goes again. If I can remember. Just a short bit. The frustration of accidentally deleting so much text fries my brain.

It would help if over the next few days, you would try to notice and jot down the tasks where your memory limits have cause problems. I will likely have a specific work-around suggestion for you. I have many for the many different situations where my memory fails me.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote