View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have been putting up with this for about 15 years. Since three concussions ago. I struggle even with my ear plugs, sometimes.

Tonight, I went to Chili's with my wife before Brain Injury Support Group. The echos and one noisy young lady telling her friends and the whole restaurant that she was pregnant about did me in. In went the ear plugs.

At support group, you can watch as 4 to 8 pairs of eyes roll back while two or three or more go on and on about a subject with a bit of over-talking. Some participants are much more tolerant than others. It is funny to watch the reactions of some. One gal even stands up and glares at those over-talking each other. The moderator will step in when it gets out of hand but he can tell when the few interested parties are functional with their dialogue (trialogue, quadralogue)

btw, My wife gets great support at support group. She really enjoys connecting with other caregiving wives especially. She is taking on a mentoring older woman role since she has been living with varying degrees of my PCS for 31 years.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote