View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation Chronic Progressive Illness, Not Always as It Appears

Since many of you have an apparent sincere concern and interest in my circumstances, I have decided to share some specifics with you. This will give you real insight into what I am really dealing with on a daily basis versus what people may believe by only reading my FB posts.

My situation is progressing with the neurological damage affecting my urinary tract, bladder function - or lack there of - prostate problems and GI tract. This is leading to a new set of challenges which are difficult to treat, because the bladder is not emptying properly due to the enlarged prostate and the entire GI tract has slowed tremendously leading to bad side effects.

Daily functions are more difficult with taking a shower and shaving the only item scheduled for an entire day, because of the effort expended, severe exhaustion and muscle soreness. Cognitive functions are slowing leading to short attention spans, repeating things said at different times of the day, lack of focus and frustrating short term memory loss. After being up all night my wife will ask me what I did and I have no memory of what I actually did at all. Heck! I don't even know when I got up, how long I'd been up, when I went back to bed, where I went back to bed - guest room, bed room or recliner - no memory just a blank.

And finally, the sleep disturbances have moved into a phase where I may be in bed 16 hours out of 24 due to exhaustion and pain, sleeping most of that time. These "waves" of severe debilitating exhaustion may hit at any time for no apparent reason. My doctor's have reached the point of frustration, because they have no way to fight the progression of the brain and neurological diseases. It's apparent, looking into their faces during an appointment the frustration and empathy they are experiencing. It has become apparent they hate to say out loud that the disease is progressing. Almost like if they don't say it out loud it really isn't or won't happen.

I apologize for rambling, which is simply another result of the disease and the near fatal brain stem stroke from back in 2008. Your sincere concern, interest and constant support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to freely share my circumstances without a concern of recrimination. I realize on these forums, if the readers don't fully understand, they do appreciate the challenges of each person's circumstances.

Richmond, VA USA

Last edited by NeuroNixed Craig; 10-28-2011 at 03:00 AM.
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (10-28-2011), Blessings2You (10-28-2011), Debbie D (10-28-2011), dmplaura (10-28-2011), ginnie (10-28-2011), goldie (01-11-2012), hollym (10-28-2011), Jodylee (10-28-2011), jprinz99 (11-03-2011), karousel (10-28-2011), Kitty (10-28-2011), Koala77 (10-29-2011), missj (10-28-2011), nemsmom (10-28-2011), SallyC (10-28-2011)