View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hoping these words will help.
I got disability on second try (which is as good as anyone gets).

You say that you have insurance. If that is disability insurance and you are employed, then you have to write out detailed facts to submit to the ALJ. For example, what there is about your job that you can no longer do and why you can't learn to do another job.
You must document, for example, that for anyone to do your present job, they must be able to stand up 7 and a half hours per 8 hour shift.

Ideally you can find a supervisor at your workplace to write a statement that you can no longer do your job and give specifics for why that is true.

You need to visit a lawyer specializing in disability claims. He should be able to to give you a free visit at which he can tell you aboiut his fees and whether you have a decent chance of winning the cae. Once you hire him, His job is to provide guidance for preparing your case.
There is way too much for a simple post like this to explain about going on disability.

If you have disability insurance at your job, the insurance company will probably insist that you apply for social security disability.

To emphasize: Your paperwork saying why you are entitled to getting disability payments needs to be detailed, truthful, verifyable, organized.

The fact that you need the money carries no weight. You need to show why the insurance company or Social Security should pay you, according to their guidelines.

Good luck. you may wish to look around for other sounces on the Web. I believe there is a forum called "disinissues"

> Does anyone think I have a chance at getting approved at ALJ hearing? >There is a lot of other things I can't remember to list right now. I am getting worried I need the ins what I have ends in Dec and its over for me.
Thanks Emmy [/QUOTE]
betterget is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote