View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default fevers and tummy aches

Hello all! I want to pick your brains here. Bean has had tummy aches a lot since Kindergarten started for her, but even moreso lately. She also gets fevers quite often. Now, I really do not think she is getting any gluten, and furthermore, she isn't getting dairy. Also, she doesn't eat much sugar (I don't use sugar in my baking, but I do buy fruit snacks for school - made with modified corn starch instead of wheat starch), so she gets some sugar from those, but otherwise we use local honey for sweets.
She doesn't want to drink much anymore because everything she drinks hurts her stomach. I am at a loss. Any ideas for us?
Because her stomach aches started when school started last fall, I suspected it was emotionally related (she has difficulty with some aspects of being in school).
Also, worth mentioning, is that she doesn't seem to be able to explain the difference in how her stomach feels when it's hungry versus when it's full, versus when she is sick and going to throw up. To her all of those mean the same thing, and that is that her tummy hurts. I attribute this to her 2+ years of chronic diarrhea as a toddler and how that made it difficult for her to learn those cues.

Open to ideas!

A day to day lunch pictorial
sleepingbean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote