View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to PCS and Post Traumatic Migraine HELP!!!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Suzanne and I would like to say thanks for your post, I have learned alot just by reading your post and seeing how yal are dealing with this.

I fell on July 3rd at the grocery store in my small town. The manager had been putting out bread and had stacked the empty trays against the shelfs. I got my bread and turned to walk away and just as i turns one of the trays slid down and I stepped in it and fell forward and hit my face on the bottom shelf. I fractured my cheek and nose and had to have surgery to correct and clean the sinus. I thought the symtoms I was having was because of the injuries to my face and that when it healed I would be back to my self boy was I wrong.

I was having the worst headackes Ive ever had and could not think or put the right words together was thinking I was going crazy and this was making things worse it was like I had no control of anything and for me this was the worse thing ever because Im a control frick. My ENT kept telling me I had aclosed head injury but I didnt know what he was talking about so I finally got to a point that I could stand to do a little research and couldnt believe that what I was finding was spot on to the symtoms I was having. After three months he finally sent me to a headache clinic and the Doc diagnosed me with post traumatic migraines and PCS.

My life has gone from kinda stable to totally crazy. Im a single mom raising my kids alone no help from their dad (no money, no nothing) I also have to help take care of my parents. I worked in a bank for 16 years as the Vice president of PR and loved working with people until 10 years ago when I was dianosed with COPD and respiratory dystonia and had to go on disability. It took along time to except this but I had finally come to peace with what I could and couldnt do and life was good I did all I could everyday and had found new hobbies that I really enjoyed. I use to play Golf and SKi and Fish and just enjoyed being outside but iwas nolonger able to do these things so I started doing alot of things on the computor like geneology and couponning which really helped with my budget. Then I fell and this all went out the window I cant work on my coupons or my family tree it just takes to much thinking and my head feels like its going to explode. I have just got to the point that I can read alittle on sites like this without feeling like im going crazy.

When I think that ive got to start over again dealing with new health issues and find another way of life or a new me again I just dont know how to handle it. My family is great but they just dont understand and Im not sure I understand all this myself. I cant do my house work without resting about every 15 mins and when I have to drive my parents to doctor appointments Im useless for the rest of the day and alot of the next day. Im about 4 months out from my injury.

I just want to know if anyone here has recovered from this syndrome and how long did it take. What can I do to help myself heal. How do you tke care of your family and your home and do the things they tell you like total rest no stress are they kidding how can you do that. Please any advice any help or tips on how to take care of your family and home and parents and deal with PCS.

Sorry I went on and on this is the first time ive posted on one of these sites and I quess i needed to vent.

Thanks for any Help.
s505 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote