View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, msrD:

Quote: "You have just started Synthroid at 25mcg dose. This is done for at least a month or two, and then there is a retest."

My primary care physician said he would keep me at the 25 mcg dosage of Synthroid for at least three months. Nothing guarantees he will increase the dosage after this period of time. So how long will I have to suffer from some of the most horrible symptoms of my thyroiditis? At least three months? Maybe much, much longer? I do not have the physical nor the psychological strength to suffer that long. I read physical stress is bad for the body, even if I do not remember the reasons why it is bad. I also read psychological stress is bad for the body because it could cause a person to harm herself or to commit suicide.

Quote: "One cannot start thyroid safely at a high dose, as the body has to get used to it."

One day, on October 26, 2011, I took one 25 mcg Synthroid tablet in the morning, on an empty stomach, as directed by my doctor. An hour or so later, I forgot if I had taken or not my Synthroid tablet for the day, so I took another 25 mcg tablet. I later found out I had already taken my Synthroid tablet for the day. Result for that day: I had taken two 25 mcg tablets, instead of one 25 mcg tablet. Nothing bad happened to me at all. On the contrary, I heard my coworkers tell me something like: "You seem to be feeling better today. Your face is not ghostly white anymore and you stopped shaking. I am happy for you." I think this must be related to my taking 50 mcg Synthroid that day, instead of the prescribed 25 mcg. The other days, I continued taking the prescribed 25 mcg dosage and I felt as bad as usual.

Do you think 50 mcg is that high a dose? Some doctor (I think it was my cardiologist) recently told me one of the medications I am taking, Inderal (propranolol), is supposed to prevent the side effects of Synthroid and of taking too much of it. Is Inderal not used, in some cases, against hyperthyroidism?

Quote: "You want a high dose now."

I do not want a high dosage of Synthroid now. I just want the right dosage for me. If the 25 mcg daily dosage still does not help me feel better, is this not proof it is not the right dosage for me?

Quote: "You want a high dose now and that may not be in your best interest."

Is it in my best interest to suffer all day and all night long from some of the most horrible symptoms of my thyroiditis? Is it in my two-year-old baby boy's interest to see his mother suffer like this and not being able to care for him the way a mother should?

Quote: "I started at the low dose and it took a year to get to my 75mcg maintenance."

One of the following two things must be true for you:

1) If it took you one year to reach your maintenance dosage, you must have had a lot of courage to stand all this suffer from some of the most horrible symptoms of your thyroiditis. I do not have this kind of courage. After all, I also have generalized internal chronic RSD, post traumatic osteoarthritis, epilepsy, asthma, etc.

2) If you did not suffer from the symptoms of your thyroiditis, you are lucky. Unfortunately, luck and me make two.

If it takes a shockingly long year to reach one's maintenance dosage, why does the doctor do nothing to help me stand some of the most horrible symptoms of my thyroiditis? There must be something to be done. I cannot stay like this for one year. It is an extremely long time, way too long for me. I know some people have no horrible, unbearable symptoms from their thyroiditis, but not everybody is the same. It is really great for these people not to have horrible, unbearable symptoms from their thyroiditis, but what about the people who do have horrible, unbearable symptoms from their thyroiditis? What is done to alleviate these people's symptoms while they wait for their doctor to take a whole year to find their maintenance dosage? What I know without the shadow of a doubt about myself is that I will never, ever be able to wait this long. Are there no procedures to shorten this extremely long waiting time in special cases like mine? Since I have had the horrible, unbearable symptoms from my thyroiditis, my RSD pain went through the roof and the number of my seizures increased a lot, just because these d*** thyroiditis symptoms are not controlled at ALL.

From Mondays to Fridays, in the daytime, I cry my eyes out on my desk at my workplace when my coworker is not in the office with me. Everyday, in the nighttime, I ball up on my bed and I cry my eyes out. I thought I had no tears left from crying so much, but I was so, so wrong. Living with these horrible, unbearable thyroiditis symptoms is not a life to me. You are going to tell me there are worse cases than mine: possibly, but there are also many, many, many better cases than mine. I can see my cup half full or half empty and, at this point in my life, I see it half empty, if not completely empty.

Quote: "You are trying to rush a body system based on YOUR ideas, not on the medical protocols for safety."

Correction: I am trying to rush a body system based on MY HORRIBLE, UNBEARABLE THYROIDITIS SYMPTOMS which, by the way, no one anywhere seems to notice or care about. Maybe people think they are all in my head? In this case, they should have the guts to say so. As for the medical protocols for safety, they should never, ever forget to take into account the patient's suffer because of the horrible, unbearable thyroiditis symptoms. I am not talking about pain, which can be controlled by my opioids and other pain medications, but I am talking about the other symptoms, many of which were listed in one of my messages in this thread.

Thanks for reading me and for understanding I am trying not to suffer, if not for me, at least for my son.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote