View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Last year with all my medical problems, I ended up gaining more weight. I was unable to do anything, and I mean anything except carefully walk around the house, for 3 months. So I spent those 3 months changing my eating habits and since then have lost 20 pounds. I didn't think I could loose weight without exercising but obviously my bad eating habits was what my biggest problem was.

Writing down everything, every little thing, helped me see what I was eating and where I could make better choices. I now eat more fruits and veggies, eat lower fat foods, and less carbs. I do allow myself to indulge once in a while, especially when I have a craving. But I eat less of those kinds of foods and after doing that for a while I'm now satisfied with less. Okay I had to resort to paying WW to find out where I was going wrong.

The hardest part is keeping myself from slipping into those bad habits. When I have a day where I ate too much or something that I shouldn't have, I no longer beat myself up. I just pick up where I left off and continue with my good eating habits.

And yes scales lie and clothes do shrink!!!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-30-2011), Kitty (10-29-2011), MSCherokee (10-29-2011), SallyC (10-28-2011)