View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nicole,

Glad to hear that the surgical debridement went well and the perf is closed!!!!!

The pimple like bump on your palate near the back of your throat can be what is called a mucocele. That is a slight opening into a salivary duct that could be caused by an irritation from trauma or something hot or sharp; or it's slightly clogged or has developed a stone. If it is not a stone and is filled with fluid, then it can usually be popped by pressing a q-tip against it. Once popped, it may fill up again immediately or not for several days or weeks....etc. Sometimes once you get one, it appears again and again randomly. Other times, it rarely appears. You can try to pop it... that's what I would do because it can get quite annoying.

Let me know .....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry socket girl View Post
Hi Bryanna,
Well I had the surgical debridement done and it went well, and very quick. I am a little sore but he checked the OAF by pushing up while I was numb and said he only feels bone so that is is closed... YIPEEEE !! It is healing nicely and I go back for a follow up on Wednesday.
Now.. Today as I was cleaning I felt something forming on the roof of my mouth back toward my throat. When I looked in the mirror I see this pimple there. It does not hurt it is just annoying when I swallow and it gets irritated. I called the OS and he said he will look at it next week and not to be concerned, it is not an infection it could just be a pimple. It is like sometimes when you get a pimple on you cheek or side of your tongue, this is on the roof of my mouth on the side of the surgical area towards the back. It is very far away from the site so I don't think they are related. Did you ever hear of this and if you have do they go away relatively quickly. It is so annoying when i swallow. UGGGG. One thing after another. Everything was going awesome, it is my Birthday on Sunday and I just was so happy to be able to be pain free FINALLY and now this. I hope you can give me some advice as to what it could be and do they usually just go away?
Thanks
Nicole
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote