View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrpfuhl View Post
I have a beautiful family including my wife of 18 years and a 16 year old child who is in a psyc hospital after attempting suicide by tylenol. She is physically healthy now but blames me because i didnt listen enough. I could really hurt myself now. how could i not see this coming and shes probably right. Ive been crying for 5 days and still not sure what to do. has anyone had this misery?
Welcome to NeuroTalk jcrpfuhl. I see that Koala has given you "our" home address. The Survivors of Suicide forum is composed of people like you...people like your daughter...people like me (I lost a son to suicide over 20 years ago so I'm proof that the misery is survivable)

I understand your pain, your guilty feelings and I'm sorry you are experiencing them but trust me those feelings are "normal" under these circumstances.
And I must remind you that ALL 16 year olds blame their parents for everything...I think it's in their DNA. *grin

Please do not hurt yourself. Instead, join us on the forum...there's lots of good information there, recommended books to read that will help.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (10-29-2011), Addy (10-29-2011), DMACK (10-30-2011), Koala77 (10-29-2011)